ProKick: We are opening
June 26, 2020
YES, we are BACK on the 10th of July for our first class! Firstly, we hope you and all your family have been safe and well through these difficult times. It's been nearly 16 weeks since we have closed our Gym; Prokick. We’ve missed you all, along with the buzz at the gym. We have been keeping busy with our free private on-line classes, and now our outdoor classes at Stormont. But it is great news that we now have a date to reopen ProKick!
The return to the ProKick Gym
We will reopen ProKick at Wilgar St on the 10th of July at 6:30pm for a bag class for limited people due to social distancing being in place. Classes will be available to book from the 6th of July directly from our shop. There will be limited places available as we are following government guidelines.
Please see below our plans:
- Members will enter the gym through reception ready to train, removing shoes and keeping all personal belongings in their own kit bags or storage bags will be provided.
- There will no longer be any sharing permitted of equipment I.e. no borrowing of gloves, head guards, pads, water bottles etc.
- Once your class is finished you will exit through the back of the gym (emergency exit to rear of ring).
- A 15 minute change over slot will be in place to allow the area to be sanitised before the next class.
- Smaller numbers in classes - We plan to restrict the numbers per class to start off with (this will be in line with social distancing and will only change depending on government guidelines).
- Classes will need to pre booked online.
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes will be available and everyone will be required to use upon entering the gym.
- We have a deep disinfectant spray booked for the entire building to commence prior to opening.
- We will also carry out temperature checks on everyone attending the gym.
Syllabus & basic training classes - We will operate a fewer numbers of classes with limited people per class, no pad work until we are notified by the Government and have the all clear. (SEE all class Schedule for starting back on the 10th July 2020)
Advanced Beginners Course - (SEE Schedule)
New Beginners Course - New date for the first 'New Beginners Course' out of lockdown 16th July at 8pm. Limited places available.. Book on-line NOW
Bag Classes - We have rehung a selection of bags for boxing & kicking drills for practise - this will be the only contact permitted until end of July or until we are notified by the Government.
Kids Classes - We will be operating again in smaller numbers for children per class. Your child's class times for Saturday morning have now changed as three kids class will be in operation. NO Kids Tuesday class until further notice. (SEE Schedule)
Sparring Class - Scheduled to return end of July
Fighters Class - This is for people who want to compete in competition, but at the moment ‘Hard Physical Training’ No sparring until end of July.
ProKick elite athletes (competitors) will have the opportunity to travel abroad for competition and the possibility of a home show here in September 12th or at the start of December for a KICKmas event in Belfast. Providing we have Government approval.
Outdoor ProKick classes, if you haven't had the opportunity to have any then send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and class that you are attend. Doesn't matter from beginner to black belt, I'll fit you in the appropriate class to suit your level.
Stay up to date with our on-line private FB page for ProKick members only at 'ProKick LIVE Class' that if you are a ProKick member. Send a request for access and see what you've missed over lockdown.
ProKickers and parents, please be assured that when we re-open at ProKick, we will be taking every safety precaution for the well-being of you our members before the doors open.
Looking forward to see you all back at the gym very soon!