News for ProKick Members - August 2020
August 27, 2020
Hello ProKickers, We hope you are all keeping safe and well, through these difficult times. During lock-down we were closed for 18 weeks; Prokick. We missed you all, along with the buzz about the gym. We reopened on July 14th, however, we want to keep you updated with our plans and measures which we have put in place for the return to classes at ProKick.
The return to the ProKick Gym - The resumption of contact sports is on stage 5 of the NI Assembly’s road map for coming out of lockdown. However, we can still train safely at ProKick without the contact, please see below our plans.
- The gym has been cleared out of all unessential equipment.
- Members will enter the gym through reception ready to train, removing shoes and keeping all personal belongings in their own kit bags or storage bags will be provided.
- There will no longer be any sharing permitted of equipment I.e. no borrowing of gloves, head guards, pads, water bottles etc.
- Once your class is finished you will exit through the back of the gym (emergency exit to rear of ring).
- A 15 minute change over slot will be in place to allow the area to be sanitised before the next class.
- Smaller numbers in classes - We plan to restrict the numbers to 12 per class to start off with (this will be in line with social distancing and will only change depending on government guidelines).
- Classes will need to pre booked online.
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes will be available and everyone will be required to use upon entering the gym.
- We have daily deep disinfectant spraying for the entire building to commence prior to opening hours.
- Here is the schedule for the return to classes at ProKick
Bag Classes - we have rehung a selection of bags for boxing & kicking drills for practise - this will be the only contact permitted until we are notified by the Government.
Kids Classes - We will be operating again in smaller numbers for children. You child's class times have changed as we plan to have 3 kids classes instead of 2 on a Saturday morning. More information on KIDS classes here.
On-line classes - our free LIVE online classes have stopped on our private Facebook group page on Monday 8th June @ 7pm. There's plenty of classes on-line to revert back to. If you haven't joined yet please get in touch with us by PM on Facebook messenger or by texting me. Billy Murray 07885284409.
Outdoor Classes - Our ProKick outdoor classes started at Stormont on Tuesday the 9th June and the last outdoor class was be Wednesday 8th July at 7pm. They are all on-line @ ProKick LIVE Class on FB
The outdoor classes have consisted of very light jogging to sprints, exercise drills, syllabus to your level, finishing off on a circuit and I have personally held the pads for everyone who have completed an outdoor class, Iv'e been wearing PPE mask, gloves etc.
If you are interested, please send me a text, add your full name along with ProKick grade (if any at present) to 07885284409. Social distancing and government guidelines are in effect. We would ask all in attendance to adhere to social distancing and government guidelines whilst participating. These classes will be 45 minutes in length and will cost just £5 which will be a donation towards the rebuild of ProKick paid directly to our GoFundMe page......... DO NOT pay until your slot is confirmed and you have completed your session.
Please be assured, we at ProKick are taking every safety precaution for the well-being of all our members since we have opened the doors again at ProKick.
Billy Murray & Team